Answer each of the following questions:
1. Who determines the minimum necessary protected health information that can be shared with public health authorities? (3 pts)
2. Would a nurse who works for the Ohio Department of Health be considered a public health authority? Would a graduate student from a major university be considered a public health authority? (3 pts)
3. Under what circumstances can protected health information be shared with public health authorities? (3 pts)
4. Besides HIPAA, what other laws govern the use of protected information? Name at least three (3 pts)
5. When should an epidemiologist or public health professional obtain consent for an epidemiological study? How should they proceed if the study is a retrospective cohort study? (3 pts)
Please remember to number your responses appropriately.