What is the right to die?
Choose a topic related to any area of
bioethics study and write a paper.
Identify the issue you are examining
and discuss any and all relevant
considerations to the individual
and society. APA format with a
minimum of 3 references included.
please use one of these topic under and follow the steps above.
Possible Bioethics Topics
· Organ Transplantation: Which of several matched donors should receive a particular organ?
· Reproductive Technologies: In vitro fertilization, Surrogacy, Mifepristone (RU-486)
and Misoprostol, pre-implantation embryo screening, cloning. Is there a significant difference between cloning sheep for pharmaceutical production and cloning humans?
· Human Genome Project: Should employers be able to screen job applicants for specific genetic conditions? Who should have access to this information: family members, lawyers, insurance agencies?
· Gene therapy: What are the potential ramifications of somatic and germ-line gene therapy?
· Fetal Tissue Transplantation: Does a fetus have rights? If so, what are they and who is responsible for representing the interests of the fetus?
· AIDS: issues involving disclosure, privacy, discrimination, insurance coverage.
· Euthanasia: What is the right to die? How does withdrawing or withholding treatment differ from physician assisted suicide?
· Health Care Allocation: How do we decide who gets access to health care, especially when expensive equipment and therapies are needed?
· Refusal of Services by Providers: There is a growing movement in this country by Pharmacists and Physicians to refuse services based on moral conscious positions. When does this jeopardize and compromise their ability to serve their patients?