- In two paragraphs, write about your relationship with reading and writing. What do you like, dislike, struggle with, etc. You should focus on reading and writing both in an educational setting, as well as in day-to-day situations.
- What goals do you have for yourself this semester (pertaining to this course)? Bullet points are fine, but please explain each in a sentence or two.
- What areas do you think you need the most work on as a writer and reader? Please address this in a paragraph or two.
You should also read the following text and come to our meeting on Wednesday ready to discuss it.
- Address Lamott’s audience, purpose, and writing style/tone? Who is she writing this for, what is her purpose with this essay, and what style/tone does she use and why?
- Lamott explains her writing process. List what her process looks like. Now compare and contrast Lamott’s process to your process (3+ sentences).
- As a writer, what can you learn from Lamott’s essay (3+ sentences)