Creative assignment 1 is in accordance with chapter 5 in your textbook: Nutrition: Eating for a Healthier You.
Part 1: For this assignment, you will need to submit your three favorite recipes. The following information must be included for each recipe.
- name of recipe
- all ingredients, including the amounts of each ingredient
- prep time
- preparation instructions
- cooking information, including oven, stove, microwave/cooking temperature, prep time, amount of time dish needs to cook, what type and size of dish to use, is cooking spray necessary, etc.
- number of servings your recipe makes
- any other instructions that might be needed for this recipe
You need to explain why you chose this/each recipe for submission. You may also provide any (fun) facts regarding the recipe that you would like to share. BEGIN EACH RECIPE ON A NEW PAGE
Part 2: In a 2 page summary, explain what modifications can be made to your three favorite recipes to transform them into healthier, nutrient dense versions. The following information must be included for each recipe.
- What makes each of your original dishes unhealthy?
- What substitutions can you make for ingredients to make each recipe more healthy?
- What changes can you make to the amounts of ingredients used?
- What different cooking techniques can you use to make each recipe healthier?
- How can you make each recipe more nutrient dense?
- What are the major problems you face when trying to eat right? Describe five actions you could take to improve your eating.
**Responding that a recipe is not modifiable is not a sufficient answer and you will not receive full credit. Try your best to answer the questions regarding modifications of your recipe. If you feel that your recipe cannot be modified, I strongly suggest that you use an alternate recipe that is modifiable to complete the assignment.