What are the main components of a database?
|Database Records and Relational Data
HCIS/140 Version 6
University of Phoenix Material
Database Records and Relational Data
Complete Parts A and B.
Cite any outside sources. For additional information on how to properly cite your sources, log on to the Reference and Citation Generator in the Center for Writing Excellence.
Part A: Database Records l
Answer the following patient information questions using the table provided. Refer to Figure 4-10 on p. 83 of your textbook Health Information Technology and Management for assistance.
1. What patient resides in California? What is the patient number?
2. Who is Sofia Yakaria Pallares’ provider? What credentials does her provider have?
3. What patient was seen on November 5, 2010? What is the patient’s date of birth?
4. What date and time did patient #1298 visit the doctor’s office? What is the patient’s name and date of birth?
5. What patient lives at 1704 N. Atlantic Ave., Ontario, AZ 85320? What is their encounter number?
|Patient Info Table|
|Patient Address Table|
|10259||705 E. Woodlawn St.||Peoria||CA||91762|
|30528||1704 N. Atlantic Ave.||Ontario||AZ||85320|
|1298||5150 W. Eugie St.||Glendale||NY||95627|
|Patient Visits Table|
|Provider Info Table|
Part B: Database Records ll
Write a 150- to 350-word response to each of the following questions. Be clear and concise, use complete sentences, and explain your answers using specific examples.
1. What are the main components of a database?
2. Based on Part A of this assignment, explain how relational data is used.
3. Explain why the use of databases is important in health care.
Copyright © 2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.