What are some conditions that you might use to conduct an evaluation?
Using the readings for this week, the South University Online Library, and the Internet to obtain scholarly articles and materials, research various public health planning programs such as the American Evaluation Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Evaluation Exchange, and explore the framework of public health program planning. In this assignment, you will select a particular health issue or health disease (for example, heart disease, cancer, or obesity) to act as a main theme or topic in this course. The main theme or topic you chose in this assignment will be your focus for each assignment throughout the course.
Be sure to check with your instructor to make sure your selected topic is appropriate to use throughout the course.
Complete the following:
- Conduct a literature search to explore such words as planning, public health, and evaluation. Select an article on a health issue, disease, or an issue of your choice.
- After selecting your article, explain the public health program and evaluation process. Respond to the following giving examples from your research:
- Define the significance of public health programs and address the saliency of the framework.
- What are some conditions that you might use to conduct an evaluation? Explain in detail with a minimum of three examples.
- Explain the logic model. Why are the contributions of program development, implementation, and evaluation vital to the model?
Write a 1–2-paragraph response. Comment on the postings of at least two peers with scholarly information.
- Explained the significance of public health programs including the saliency of the