Activity â€“ Jewish Americans
To complete the activity, do the following:
1. Choose one of the attached biographies (Alexander, Freya, or Susi) about a person who lived during the Holocaust. There are both pdf and Word files of each biography attached in case you are experiencing trouble with a particular file format.
2. Read the biography.
3. Draw a visual representation of the biography and explain the drawing in the designated area below.
4. Take a picture of the drawing and upload the picture along with your explanation. Please be sure to save the explanation as either a Word or Pdf file. (If you are not able to take a picture, as an alternative to the drawing, you can create a poem reflecting the story instead. In this case, write your poem below).
5. Submit before 11:59 pm on 5/7/2021.
a. Please verify your submission to ensure that you uploaded the document you intended to submit.
Please write you explanation of the drawing in the following area:
Class Exercise: Muslim Americans
To complete the learning activity you should do the following:
1. Read chapter 11 in Schaferâ€™s â€œRacial and Ethnic Groups.â€
2. Follow the link to watch episode 3 in season one of â€œ30 Days,â€ titled “Muslims in America.”
3. Based upon the episode, answer the questions below in bold or a different color font.
4. Save the document as a Word or Pdf document.
5. Submit via Canvas before 11:59 pm on 5/7/2021.
a. Please verify your submission to ensure that you have submitted the document that you intended to submit.
6. Please refer to syllabus for late activity policies.
Questions (please make room as needed to provide a quality answer):
a. List one things that you found interesting about the episode and explain why.
b. List one thing that you learned that you did not previously know before:
c. Is there anything that you found particularly relevant to the study of minority relations today? Explain!