Identify the characteristics of LGE’s human resources strategy.
Assignment 2: Required Assignment 1—Strategic Alliances and Human Resource Management
LGE is one of the leading global companies in the industry. It is composed of five divisions: air conditioning, business solutions, home appliances, home entertainment, and mobile communication. LGE has 114 subsidiaries worldwide and employs around 82,000 people. LGE is a South Korean company and as such has some unique characteristics derived from the South Korean culture and economic structure.
In this assignment, you will read several peer-reviewed articles.
- First, read three peer-reviewed articles related to the South Korean economy, chaebols, and culture.
- Then, search for at least one peer-reviewed article related to the strategic alliances.
- Next, read at least one article on human resource strategies for Multinational Corporations (MNCs).
- In addition, read a few articles related to the local and global operations of LGE.
Then, respond to the following:
- Explain the organization and purpose of chaebols.
- Identify the positive and negative characteristics of chaebols for both local and global economy. Also, explain the role they play in the South Korean economy.
- Identify the characteristics of LGE’s human resources strategy.
- Identify how this HR strategy is helping the company to deal with the diversity.
- LGE has established a number of strategic alliances with partners from all over the world. Select one of these alliances and analyze and evaluate its outcome.
Write a six-to-eight-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least five to six scholarly sources in your research. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsExplained the purpose of chaebols. Provided an appropriate explanation of how chaebols correlate the strategies of South Korean business.32Identified both positive and negative characteristics for local and global economies. Explained the role chaebols play in the South Korean economy.44Identified the characteristics of LGE’s human resources strategy.20Identified how the HR strategy incorporates diversity within the company.44Analyzed and evaluated an alliance with a business partner. Explained how the alliance benefits both sides in the business setting.40Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.20Total:200