Evaluate the three standard organizations including IEEE, ISO, and ANSI to determine the most important for communication technology.
The following website may be used for reference to complete this assignment. The website represents an electronic document titled “Standards Organizations,” written by William Stallings (2009), located at http://www.box.net/shared/9dtnzvwys8/1/15730219/164146343/1.
Write a fully developed paper in which you:
- Select one of the working groups in the IETF or IEEE and briefly summarize what this group is working on.
- Justify the need of the IEEE 802 standard used in networking.
- Evaluate the three standard organizations including IEEE, ISO, and ANSI to determine the most important for communication technology.
- Take a position on the need for a federal regulating body of standards such as NIST. Include supporting evidence to justify your opinion.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. (Note: You’ll be prompted to enter your Blackboard login credentials to view these standards.) Check with your professor for any additional instructions. This format is different compared to other Strayer University courses.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the need for information communication in the business environment.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.