Can current laws be made more effective through better enforcement or are amendments required?
There is evidence that vaccinating school-aged children against influenza assists in limiting community-level transmission. Historically, the U.S. has had a long-standing, government-led strategy of recommending that vaccine distribution should be concentrated primarily in high-risk groups and distributed to individuals who operate the health system and social infrastructure.
For this assignment, assume the role of a National Advisory Commission member who is working to determine whether the guidelines for prioritizing vaccine distribution proposed by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) are ethically acceptable.
Using the weekly readings, the South University online library resources, and the Internet, research laws that relate to vaccination. Based on your review, write a 1–2-page paper that covers the following:
- How does law influence health and health behavior in this context?
- Which laws have had the greatest impact?
- Can current laws be made more effective through better enforcement or are amendments required?
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.